UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect two types
of information: Personal Information and Other Information. “Personal
Information” is information that relates to you as an identifiable
specific individual. “Other Information” is any information
that cannot be tied back to you as a specific individual. Other Information is
addressed below, under the heading “Other Information“.
We and our service providers may
collect the following Personal Information:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number.
IF YOU SUBMIT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION
RELATING TO ANYONE OTHER THAN YOURSELF, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE OBTAINED
ANY NECESSARY CONSENT FROM THAT INDIVIDUAL FOR USE AND DISCLOSURE OF THAT
HOW WE COLLECT
We collect Personal Information from a
number of sources. While we collect Personal Information from you directly, we
can also use third-party sources of information in order to fulfill the
- Financial institutions (e.g., your credit card company or your bank)
- Services providers
- Marketing partners
- Marketing and advertising agencies and networks
- Previous employers (if you are applying for a job with us)
- Background screening companies (if you are applying for a job with us)
While we may collect Personal
Information from all these sources, we will only use and disclose Personal
HOW WE USE PERSONAL
Depending on the purpose, we may use
various categories of information in order to achieve the effects you and we
expect. As such, it is difficult to specifically call out which category of
data will be used for which purpose as the context and circumstances may
mandate we use Personal Information for multiple purposes. As such, we find it
more useful to describe the purposes for which we and our service providers may
use any Personal Information we have collected about you. To that end, we may
use Personal Information about you:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, including to contact you if necessary
- To process and fulfill your order, for example by confirming your order and your billing and shipping information, processing your payments, delivering your products and communicating with you regarding your order
- To send you important information regarding the FAIR GLOBAL PRIME Online Properties, changes to our terms, conditions and policies and other administrative information
- To send you information by email, postal mail, telephone and other means about our products, services, and other promotions
- To help us improve the customer experience, including by learning more about your preferences to help personalize your experience with us
- To operate a gift registry for which you are a registrant or co-registrant
- To allow you to send messages to a friend through the FAIR GLOBAL PRIME Online Properties (please note that, by using such functionality, you are agreeing that you have the right to provide to us your friend’s name and email address for such purpose)
- To analyze trends and statistics in connection with our businesses and Internet properties, including to measure the success of marketing campaigns and to compile statistics about usage and response rates
- To protect the security or integrity of our businesses and Internet properties
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of you, our Affiliates or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or to limit the damages that we may sustain
INFORMATION IS DISCLOSED
Similarly to how we use Personal
Information, we may disclose Personal Information to service providers, and
sometimes third parties, for various purposes. To this end, we may disclose
Your Personal Information to the following entities for the purposes associated
with each entity as noted below:
- To our third-party service providers, who provide services such as website hosting, data storage, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, IT services and infrastructure, customer service, email delivery and administration, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services to enable them to provide services
- To our subsidiaries and affiliated entities (collectively, our “Affiliates”) for marketing and other purposes
- To selected third parties (“Promotional Partners”), to permit them to send to you marketing communications. FAIR GLOBAL PRIME seeks to select as Promotional Partners only reputable companies that offer what we believe to be high-quality products and services
- To third-party sponsors of promotions
- To third parties in connection with a gift registry for which you are a registrant or co-registrant
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the FAIR GLOBAL PRIME Online Properties
- By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (please note that any information and materials that you post or disclose through such services will become public information, and may be available to visitors to the FAIR GLOBAL PRIME Online Properties and to the general public; we urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on or through the FAIR GLOBAL PRIME Online Properties)
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding)
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of you, our Affiliates or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain
“Other Information” is
any information that does not generally identify you as a specific individual,
- Browser information
- Server log files
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Physical location of your device
- Demographic information and other non-personally identifiable
information provided by you
- Aggregated information
Sometimes “Other Information” is
actually capable of being connected to you as a specific individual. If that is
the case, then the information is not “Other Information” but is “Personal
Information,” and will have the same kinds of protections as Personal
HOW WE COLLECT
We and our third-party service
providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected through most devices, such as your Media Access Control (“MAC”) address, device manufacturer and model, device identifier, screen resolution, and the type and version of your operating system and browser.
- Through server log files: An Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is a number that is automatically assigned to a device by an Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), and is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the FAIR GLOBAL PRIME Online Properties, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. We and our service providers use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems and administering the FAIR GLOBAL PRIME Online Properties.
- Flash Local Stored Objects: We and our service providers may use a third-party technology, called Flash, in connection with the FAIR GLOBAL PRIME Online Properties, including our online content. Flash provides a facility, referred to as Local Stored Objects (“LSO”), that allows a website operator or online content provider (or their service providers) to store certain information locally on an individual’s device; for example, Flash LSOs can be used to store information regarding an individual’s device. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your device, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as “information” on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your device without you being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with the FAIR GLOBAL PRIME Online Properties. We expect our service providers and technology suppliers to honor any decision by you to restrict or limit Flash LSOs, but we cannot guarantee that they will do so.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) are small images that may be used by us and our service providers in connection with some pages of the FAIR GLOBAL PRIME Online Properties and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, render such pages to you on various hardware devices and operating system versions, track the actions of users and email recipients, serve relevant marketing communications to you, measure the success of marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage and response rates. Pixel tags may collect information such as the pages, features and links accessed by a user, and the IP address, browser type and operating system of such user’s device.
- Physical location: We and our service providers may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content, including for marketing purposes, based on the choices that have been made with respect to such uses. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our third-party marketing partners, such as our Promotional Partners, to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns, based on the choices that have been made with respect to such disclosures. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we, our service providers, and/or our third-party marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- From you: We and our service providers may collect demographic information such as your city, state or zip code of residence, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, your gender and your date of birth, when you voluntarily provide this information to us or our service providers. You may also have the opportunity to provide us with information regarding major events such as weddings, child births and the purchase of a new home. We also maintain a record of your orders, purchases, exchanges, returns, wish lists and gift registries in connection with the FAIR GLOBAL PRIME Online Properties or our businesses. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other customer or potential customer of our businesses.
- By aggregating information: We and our service providers may aggregate Personal Information collected from our customers and potential customers, for example by using Personal Information to calculate the percentage of such individuals who have a particular telephone area code. Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other customer or potential customer of our businesses.
HOW WE USE AND
DISCLOSE OTHER INFORMATION
We may use and disclose Other
Information for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Other
Information with Personal Information (such as combining your zip code with
your name). If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the
combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information while it is
THIRD PARTIES AND THIRD-PARTY SITES
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE INFORMATION COLLECTION, USAGE, DISCLOSURE OR OTHER PRIVACY PRACTICES OF ANY THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING OUR AFFILIATES, THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, ANY THIRD-PARTY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM (SUCH AS FACEBOOK INC.), ANY THIRD PARTY MAKING AVAILABLE THE DEVICES OR OPERATING SYSTEMS FOR WHICH CERTAIN FAIR GLOBAL PRIME ONLINE PROPERTIES ARE AVAILABLE (SUCH AS APPLE INC. OR GOOGLE INC.) OR ANY THIRD PARTY OPERATING ANY SITE TO WHICH THE FAIR GLOBAL PRIME ONLINE PROPERTIES CONTAIN A LINK. THE INCLUSION OF A LINK ON THEFAIR GLOBAL PRIME ONLINE PROPERTIES DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT OF THE LINKED SITE BY US OR BY OUR AFFILIATES.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the FAIR GLOBAL PRIME Online Properties. Please note that these companies may use information about your visit to the FAIR GLOBAL PRIME Online Properties to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to the FAIR GLOBAL PRIME Online Properties, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit http://networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
We seek to use reasonable organizational,
technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our
control. For example, we seek to use Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”)
technology for the placement of orders. Unfortunately, no data storage system
or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Please also be aware that we may use third-party cloud service providers that
provide hosting, data storage and other services pursuant to standard terms and
conditions that may be non-negotiable; these service providers have informed us
or the general public that they apply security measures they consider adequate
for the protection of information within their system, or they have a general
reputation for applying such measures.
Please exercise caution in submitting Personal Information via the FAIR GLOBAL PRIME Online Properties, especially if you are accessing theFAIR GLOBAL PRIME Online Properties using a WiFi hotspot or public network. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account that you might have with us has been compromised, or if you are unable to utilize our SSL technology in connection with the FAIR GLOBAL PRIME Online Properties), please immediately notify us of the problem and place any orders with us over the telephone or in person, instead of using the FAIR GLOBAL PRIME Online Properties. You may contact us in such circumstances in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
REGARDING OUR USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have certain rights regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information, regardless of whether such information is collected by us through the FAIR GLOBAL PRIME Online Properties or otherwise. While these rights are not absolute, you generally have the right to 1) unsubscribe from promotional and marketing communications, 2) opt out of our selling your information to third parties, and 3) request deletion of Personal Information when there is no longer a legitimate reason to keep it. You can exercise these rights as follows:
- Receiving promotional emails or catalogs/source books from us: If you no longer want to receive promotional emails (such as information about new products, special offers and sales events) or catalogs/source books from us on a going-forward basis, you may “unsubscribe” from receiving such communications by: clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any promotional email; or contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below. In each case, please remember that, if you wish to unsubscribe from receiving all promotional emails from FAIR GLOBAL PRIME, you may need to unsubscribe separately with each FAIR GLOBAL PRIME brand. When contacting us, please include your full name and the email and/or postal address that you used when registering or making a purchase.
- Deletion of Personal Information where there is no longer a legitimate reason for us to keep it. If you no longer want us to retain your Personal Information on a going-forward basis, you may submit a request to delete your Personal Information by writing to us.
- Access or Changing Your Personal Information. We welcome your request to update your information with us. You may submit a request to access or update your Personal Information by writing to us.
We will try to comply with your
request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out
as described above, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information
from the databases of our Affiliates, Promotional Partners and other third
parties with which we have already shared your Personal Information (i.e., to
which we have already provided your Personal Information as of the date that we
implement your opt-out request). Please also note that if you do opt-out of
receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send important
administrative messages to you, and you cannot opt-out from receiving such
administrative messages. For example, when you place an order, we will continue
to confirm your order and shipment status by email. We may also need to contact
you via telephone, email or postal mail with information or questions regarding
USE OF FAIR GLOBAL PRIME ONLINE PROPERTIES BY MINORS
The FAIR GLOBAL PRIME Online Properties are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through FAIR GLOBAL PRIME Physical Properties or the FAIR GLOBAL PRIME Online Properties.
The FAIR GLOBAL PRIME Online Properties are controlled and operated by us from the United States, and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States.
If you have any
If you would like to make choices about receiving promotional communications, to update your Personal Information, or to place an order, please contact the appropriate FAIR GLOBAL PRIME brand as follows:
DBA FAIR GLOBAL PRIME
8, The Green
Tel: +1 (302) 446-3243
Please note that email communications
are not always secure, so we request that you not include credit card
information or other sensitive information in your email messages to us.